The Code of Conduct was last updated on 11 February 2011.
Please read the following carefully
Though there never have been problems, just remember to observe the generally accepted etiquettes for internet forums while posting in this forum. So, no spamming, no flaming, no cursing, no undue quoting, etc. You get the drift.
* Make certain the title of your thread covers the content. That will increase the likeliness that the query will be found by a specialis and will be answered.
* When posting a query in the forum, please, add as much information as possible that can assist in solving your problem. This means date, locality and habitat.
* If your query has been answered, it is highly recommended that the title of the thread reflects that answer. So, for example, if you gave it the title 'Acalyptrate fly' and someone identified it as Lauxaniidae, you ought to edit the title to include the family. This will, again, increase the likeliness that a specialist finds the query and gives you an answer.
* Please try to keep the number of queries per thread restricted to one or a number of related queries at most. It confuses the reader if two or more elaborate discussions start on different subjects in the same thread. Also it will lead to the loss of overview.
It is highly appreciated that images of identified Diptera be submitted for the Gallery if the species is not yet present or if your images are a useful addition to the images already present. When submitting images you can add the additional data from the forum thread in the Description field. Posting images in the Gallery might lead to the thread being deleted from the forum but that should improve the loading time of the site.
When posting a query and adding an image, please note the following:
* If you use [ img ] tags to include images in your post, rememember that the link will be broken as soon as:
- the image is deleted from the remote server;
- the image on the remote server is renamed;
- the remote server is down.
The webmaster cannot always repair broken links. The original poster will have to do that him/herself and needs to keep in track of images (s)he placed in the forum him/herself.
* Please, place images in the message itself rather than just providing links to (internet pages with) the images. For practical reasons it is better to have the actual images in the thread discussing a matter rather than having them in separate windows.
* Instructions for adding images to posts in the Frequently Asked Questions should be followed.
* If an image is not taken by yourself but linked to, for example, in an online photoalbum or other website, you must give a link to the relevant page in visible text (preferable between [ url ] tags), too.
Advertising commercial products for your own profit is not allowed unless with the explicit permission of the site owner.
If at any time, administrators of this site find breaches of this Code, the member in question may be addressed. In case that a member does not follow this Code and is unwilling to edit his posts or adjust his/her future behaviour accordingly, the administrators may take appropriate actions. This can range from editing or removal of posts by administrators to outright banning of offending members. At all times this site reserves the right to edit posts in case of faulty/broken links or anything else that hampers other members to use the forum properly.